Nardostachys Jatamansi Review
Nardostachys jatamansi (Jatamansi) is a supposedly calming herb from Ayurveda that has been used for anticonvulsive and antiepileptic properties. It may enhance learning in youth and neuroprotective properties (needs human evidence) and is protective against pancreatitis.
Nardostachys Jatamansi is categorized under Ayurvedic.
It is also known as Spikenard, Jatamansi, Muskroot, Nardostachys grandiflora synonym.
BUY NARDOSTACHYS JATAMANSI NOW
Benefits and Effectiveness
What is Nardostachys Jatamansi?
You can Buy Nardostachys Jatamansi from here to quickly save 21.7%
and get free shipping.
Overview of Jatamansi
Nardostachys Jatamansi is an herb that is famous in fighting against the symptoms of stress. It has the property of improving the body’s internal ability to have a good sleep. It has been widely used as a traditional air purifier and is considered to be a divine plant in Ayurveda. It is known for its ability to enhance hair growth and maintain the natural color of the hair. It is highly recommended by the Charaka Samhita as a remedy for sleeping difficulty (insomnia). It is known to be very useful in calming the aggressive conduct of children who have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Among its numerous indications, Nardostachys Jatamansi has been found to be useful in treating certain digestive conditions, hypercholesterolemia, flatulence, hypochondria (somatizing disorder), heart palpitations, kidney stones, jaundice, skin conditions, respiratory problems, typhoid, epilepsy, spasmodic hysterical states, seminal debility, tension headaches, convulsions, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), insomnia, delirium tremens, febrile delirium, senile dementia, and effects of emotional and nervous upset. The pharmacologic activities of Nardostachys Jatamansi include those of an analgesic, a sedative and a stimulant, hypotensive, antiarrhythmic, calmative, diaphoretic, antispasmodic, an alternative of syphilitic, rheumatic and cutaneous cases, an antioxidant, and a promoter of hair growth.
Nardostachys Jatamansi is known to be a perennial herb. It is propagated by cuttings of the underground parts. It grows up to 10 to 60 cm and has long and stout woody root stocks. The long oblong-shaped leaves are measured 15 to 20 cm in length. This plant produces 1/3-inch long fruits that have sharp apexes and are oval in shape. Its flowers are two or five in number, described to be rosy, having bluish, slightly pink petals. Nardostachys Jatamansi is abundant in the Alpine Himalayas, at an altitude of 3000 to 5000 meters. It is also cultivated in Sikkim, Punjab, and Bhutan areas and is called jatamansi in Hindi, Gujarati and Sanskrit.
What are the benefits of Nardostachys Jatamansi?
- Promotes hair growth: According to some studies, the extract of Nardostachys Jatamansi oil could help improve hair growth, and is likewise beneficial for silky, smooth, and healthy hair. It is also useful in ensuring shining and glowing looks to the body and enhancing complexion. The root of the powder in water has the ability to promote skin texture when applied.
- Enhances memory and learning: It has been proven by some studies to be effective in getting rid of the 3 humors – Pitta, Kapha, and Vatta and promotes overall well-being to the body. Nardostachys Jatamansi is also helpful in enhancing the function of the brain and fight against mental problems, thus promoting a peaceful and calm mind.
- Improves cardiac health: Research studies conducted on rats show that Nardostachys Jatamansi has the ability to improve cardiac health.
- Relieves stress: Because of its ability to balance the biochemical reactions in the body, Nardostachys Jatamansi has the ability to reduce stress. This natural medicine can be beneficial for those who are suffering from stress since it promotes good sleep. It is always good to have a stress-free mind and a brain that is functioning well.
- Treats liver problems: Studies show that Nardostachys Jatamansi has hepatoprotective effects when taken in combination with ferula asafetida and momordica charantia.
- Has an antifungal effect: The essential oil of Nardostachys Jatamansi was known to fight against fungus like Aspergillus niger and Apergillus flavus.
- Functions as an anti-depressant: Studies show that the extract of Nardostachys Jatamansi has anti-depressant effects and greatly benefit those who suffer from major depression.
- Strengthens the nervous system: Nardostachys Jatamansi also has the ability to strengthen the nervous system because of its ability to provide vitality, strength and vigor to the body.
- Fight against skin infections: The decoction of Nardostachys Jatamansi powder prepared in cold water could help subside skin inflammation and the burning sensation when applied.
Best Uses of Nardostachys Jatamansi
- It is beneficial for children who are diagnosed to have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and helpful in reducing restlessness, hyperactivity, and aggressiveness.
- It is known to have hepatoprotective effects; therefore, it is beneficial for individuals who are suffering from enlargement of the liver (hepatomegaly), hepatitis, and jaundice.
- Nardostachys Jatamansi is therapeutically important in alleviating swelling and pain and contains aromatic and carminative properties.
- Nardostachys Jatamansi oil has the ability to promote calmness and relaxation to the mind and body. It is also effective in relieving migraine and headache.
- The root of this plant are commonly used in making oil to treat birth related problems and insomnia.
- Intestinal worms are parasites that can infect the gastro-intestinal tract of humans and other animals. The root of the Nardostachys Jatamansi has been widely used to treat intestinal worms.
- Nardostachys Jatamansi is also used to make dies and perfumes.
- Nardostachys Jatamansi is used as a diuretic and analgesic in Unani, which a system of medicine practiced in parts of India.
- The underground stem of this plant can be used in preparation of potent aromatic essential oil.
- It can prevent hair from turning gray and is used to impart black color to the hair. Its oil mixed with almonds is very useful for silky and smooth hair.
Ayurvedic features of Nardostachys Jatamansi
The various ayuvedic features of Nardostachys Jatamansi are as follows:
- Characteristic: Light
- Taste: Astringent, sweet and bitter
- Potency: Calm and cool
- Digestive effect: Pungent
Nardostachys Jatamansi Dosage
Experiments in rats tend to use a dose of 250 to 500 mg/kg of the basic root extract of Nardostachys Jatamansi, which is an estimated human dose of 4,500 to 9,000 mg for a 250 lb. person; 3,600 to 7,200 mg for a 200 lb. person; 2,700 to 5,400 mg for a 150 lb. person.
Keep in mind that these are just estimated human doses based on animal studies, as it is still not known if these measurements are appropriate for humans.
What are the side effects of Nardostachys Jatamansi?
- Consuming excessive amounts of Nardostachys Jatamansi can cause diarrhea, vomiting, and stomach upset.
- Pregnant and breast-feeding women should abstain from using it.
- When taken in excessive amount, Nardostachys Jatamansi could cause urinary problems.
- Excessively high doses of it can lead to colic and nausea.
- Individuals who are suffering from hypersensitivity or allergies should avoid using it
Reviewer: Kathleen R. RN, PT
BUY NARDOSTACHYS JATAMANSI NOW
Wiki Last Updated: 2016-02-14
Nardostachys Jatamansi Dosage
Related Articles  top
Results & Experiences
No data available
Community Reviews  top
Recommended For You