Alpha Brain Review
Alpha Brain is a nootropic formula developed by Onnit Labs with the purpose of improving neurotransmission and promoting neural growth. The stack includes the following: Alpha GPC, Huperzine A, Vinpocetine, AC-11, Bacopa Monnieri, Pterostilbene, L-Tyrosine, L-Theanine Oat Straw and Vitamin B6. With this stack, the components act in synergy to produce enhanced cognition, improvements in attention, mood, and mental performance. The company and product has been heavily marketed by Joe Rogan.
Alpha Brain is categorized under Branded Supplements.
It is also known as Onnit Alpha Brain.
BUY LUMONOL NOW
Benefits and Effectiveness
What is Alpha Brain?
Onnit AlphaBrain is a complete and balanced nootropic and has been a scientifically tested, and contains only "earth grown" ingredients. It was developed in 2010 and has grown in popularity steadily because of endorsements through various fitness celebrities and the likes of Joe Rogan. The ingredients in the stack have been changed since inception and are generally considered 'weak' in the nootropic community, we encourage users who do not have the patientce to stack their own supplements give Lumonol a try instead.
You can Buy Alpha Brain from here to quickly save 21.8%
and get free shipping.
How Does Alpha Brain Claim To Work?
There are 10 billion neurons in the human brain, and approximately 60 trillion connection cells that communicate with each other (neurotransmitters). There are studies that have shown that in order to maintain a strong cognitive state, proper function of neurotransmitters are essential. Focus, attention, and mood are highly dependent on neurotransmitter production levels. Alpha Brain claims to provide neurotransmitters the tools and raw ingredients needed to perform at elevated levels. Hopefully the technical word's didn't throw you off to much.
Alpha Brain - Is it a Scam?
Alpha brain in of it self is not a scam per say, but it is a very weak supplement. Initially when it was released it claimed to have Racetams as part of its stack, however as racetams are not a natural compound they could not be sold as a dietary supplement. Once the racetams were removed the stack was adjusted but the same level of cognitive enhancement just was not possible, so esentially one would be paying a high price for the brand rather than the synthetic compound that once also existed as part of the stack.
Additionally, the stack has a proprietary blend which lacks the recommended nootropic dose average that our community takes for herbal nootropics such as Bacopa Monnieri. We will review each component individually below to get a better sense of what Alpha Brain is trying to achieve by including certain compounds, keep in mind each individual will react differently to Alpha Brain, if your diet is subpar (and you are not getting enough Choline as an example) taking Alpha Brain will have a profound positive impact on you, if you are 'generally healthy' your benefits will be very limited. This is why Lumonol is still our #1 alternative, it contains Noopept (think 1000x potency of a Racetam) + the herbal ingredients below for half the price.
- Better Sleep: There is a sense of calmness as Alpha brain promotes a state of deeper relaxation, which yields a more tranquil and satisfying sleep. Our note: Do not take it before bed, you may actually not be able to sleep.
- Increased Memory and Learning Ability: There is an increase in brain plasticity, which allows a higher level of acetylcholine, which improves overall memory function with the combination of Alpha GPC and Huperzine A. Our note: Agreed.
- Lucid Dreaming: Lucid dreaming is the ability to control your own movements and thoughts while in a dreamlike state. Over a period of many years, you can train your brain to lucid dream. Alpha Brain has shown to aid in learning to lucid dream faster. Our note: Some anecdotal evidence by users who claim it may be true.
- Better Focus and Cognitive Ability: The components found in Alpha Brain show increased blood flow to the brain due to the effect of Vinpocetine. The brain can easily have access to the nutrients and oxygen it needs exactly when it is needed. Our note: Weak.
Onnit Alpha Brain Ingredients
Vinpocetine is a component of Alpha Brain, it aids in boosting blood flow to the brain. Another component is Huperzine A, it has the potential to deter the breakdown of acetylcholine in the brain and additionally one of the major sources of choline to the brain is Alpha GPC -- all of which are present in low quantities in Alpha Brain. Below is the full ingredient list of Alpha brain as of 2016:
- Vitamin B6: There are more than 101 biological processes which this powerful vitamin is involved in. The involvement with the building of amino acids and neurotransmitters happens to be just one example among them.
- Huperzia Serata (.5% Huperzine A): This ingredient inhibits acetycholineesterase specifically. This comes from the extract of the plant called Northern Firmoss (Huperzia Serrata
- Vinpocetine: This helps shuttle extra oxygen into the brain by increasing circulation. It is a compound originally found in the periwinkle plants.
- Pterostilbene: This aids in the clearing of free radicals, which are thought to contribute to the feeling of brain fog, which is dreaded by many. It is also a powerful a potent anti-oxidant. When you think Pterostilbene, think blueberries, think of this as a stronger version of Resveratrol.
- AC-11: This is derived from Uncaria Tomentosa, which is a plant that is located in the South American rainforest. This incredible compound has been shown to assist the body in naturally repairing DNA. It is also a patented compound that is licensed for Alpha Brain.
- Alpha GPC (L-alphaglyercylphosphorlcholine): This is high quality form of choline that is easily absorbed by the body and easily crosses the blood brain barrier. There are various studies that prove how acetylcholine is linked to focus, memory, and improved REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. Once Alpha GPC is introduced into the body it goes to work right away and increase synthesis and secretion of acetylcholine
- L-Tyrosine: L-Tyrosine is known to be very safe and is also well understood by the medical community. This amino acid precursor assists in the production of L-dopa in the brain. It can also have the effect of clearing toxins from your brain.
- Oat Straw (20:1): It helps with relaxation, increases attention span, and is also a natural anti-stressor.
- Bacopa (50% Bacosides): This is a natural herb that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine to increase mental cognition in India for over 2500 years. It is specifically located in the marshlands of India and it is known to boost brain power which helps in the role of protection in the nerves of the hippocampus, which is vital for your memory.
- Phosphatidylserine (PS): This is found within the membrane of the cell of the brain. It is a known essential lipid compound.
- L-Theanine: This happens to be one of the major reasons why there is a smooth, focused, calming energy that follows after drinking a refreshing cup of an all-natural green tea. Too much of this can also leave you feeling sleepy, so if there is too much in this pre-made stack you may be out of luck, or you may need to drink a cup of joe.
Alpha Brain Safety Profile
Most ingredients in Alpha Brain are classified as GRAS (generally regarded as safe) by the FDA. There should not be any major interactions with any existing drugs you may be taking, but if you are worried, consult your physician.
How and When to Take Alpha Brain
Preferably with a light meal, the manufacturers of Onnit Alpha Brain suggest taking 1-2 capsules of Alpha Brain during the morning or early afternoon. One may want to increase the dosage to 3 capsules if they weigh over 200 pounds, in order to reap the full benefits of Alpha Brain.
If being taken to experience Lucid Dreaming, it is suggested that the dosage should be 1 to 2 capsules and should be taken at least 4-6 hours before going to bed.
Onnit highly advises against taking any more than 3 capsules in a 24-hour period. You may want to stack your dosage of Alpha Brain with a Racetam (like Pramiracetam or Adrafinil), as this will give you an immediate sense of alertness and focus, while alpha-brain helps keep your brain healthy over the long run.
Additional Side Effects
Some side effects include dreams that maybe exceptionally vivid to a point where the user might become uncomfortable. This is caused by the Huperzia Serrata. It is not recommended for people who have low blood pressure because of the side effects caused by Vinpocetine. Other side-effects include headaches (which occur due to the increased levels of acetylcholine).
Where Can You Buy Alpha Brain Online?
Alpha brain now comes in pill and powder drink form, both of which can be purchased online through our link with a discount by clicking here.
The cost breakdown of alpha-brain is listed below, additionally if you want to consider stacking it with Adrafinil click here
or to buy an alternative like Lumonol click here.
- 1 Bottle – $34.95
- 2 Bottles – $59.41
- 90 ct Bottle – $79.95
Reviewer: Kathleen R. RN, PT
BUY LUMONOL NOW
Wiki Last Updated: 2016-09-24
Alpha Brain Dosage
1 pill daily
Generally tolerated but could cause dizziness, stomach discomfort, headaches, diarrhea, restlessness and irritability.
Related Articles  top
Results & Experiences
No data available
Community Reviews  top
Recommended For You